HHave you ever cried at work in front of your boss? If so, how did affect your relationship afterwards?

Anonymous
Last two weeks at work were really tough. Had a horrible situation happen to me, which was then managed terribly by my manager and I was made to feel like a piece of shit. I complained and the matter ended up going to the new boss of my company, who had only been there 3 weeks and I hadn't even spoken to yet. I'm made to go through everything that's happened with the incident and manager to this guy, during the process although I try not to cry, I can't help it and do.
He told me he would be handling the matter from now on and made a comment that I was courageous for following through. That Friday afternoon, he sent me an email which had some upsetting info that he had to tell me, but provided his mobile number in the event I needed to speak with him at any time over the weekend as he knew I would be upset,

Long story short, the manager who mis-handled the situation has now resigned and incident has been resolved. The new boss sent me an email stating he is genuinely concerned about me, thanked me for following through with a complaint and has made a meeting with me next week (he was going to be doing it with everyone anyway to get to know them). He has told me the meeting can be as long as I like..

He seems like a good guy, but I really don't like how our first interaction was me in that state. I guess I am a little worried that I might be seen as weak or need to be treated with kid gloves which is probably baseless, but it's what I feel.

Have you ever been in a similar situation? How did it turn out for you?
0
1