Have you ever been interested in joining the military? Are there certain aspects of service that you find attractive? Are there things you fear about?

Throughout my life I’ve always had a fond level of interest in the military due to my sense of adventure.

I’ve always thought the uniforms looked cool. I’ve always liked the idea of getting to shoot guns on a daily basis in training. I’ve always admired the people in service with their high levels of confidence, merit and achievement. I would like to live by their example and become a hero. I also like the idea of being able to train and work alongside others while feeling challenged and united in common struggle. The levels of comradeship and loyalty to each other that form in service are unmatched to anywhere else I can think of. I’m all for the idea of making new friends and forging tight relationships, while also learning new unconventional skills and being physically involved in the process. I’m not against the idea of having to survive outdoors and camp outside every day. I’ve been involved in Scouting for much of my life, and I’ve always enjoyed hiking around through nature with my brothers while carrying all our stuff and finding a new place to stay each day. It is this sense of brotherhood and adventure that I find most attractive about the service. That your always learning new skills and doing things together. Hell I even enjoy eating MRE’s just as much as McDonald’s food, so I don’t tend to have very high standards on what is required.

However on the flip side, I am not much of a morning person and I can’t imagine having to wake up early every single morning and run laps before even eating breakfast, because I tend to have a weaker stomach when it comes to balance between eating and intense exercise. My other concern is that I tend to get sick when I see others in grave injury, and I also don’t respond well to situations when I feel threatened. Often times my natural instinct is to hide instead of reacting. My current plan however is to finish college first, and then consider possibly joining because better opportunities open up with more education.
3
3