Should a cover letter be more of a reflection of your skills or personality?

Hypnos0929
So i currently have 2 "blanket" or "template" cover letters.
The first just feels like a rehash of my resume; you know I introduce myself, talk about my work experience, talk about my current skills, and my achievements. It is very much about just what you'd expect from a professional cover letter from a business management student, which by the way I kinda regret becoming because most employers have zero clue what business management majors do (we are overall majors who gain experience in all of the business departments which include human resources, business problem solving, finance, accounting, etc).
The second cover letter is more about my passions and work ethic. I describe my motivations for wanting to work and the reasons why I'm ambitious. I talk about my decisions for going to college and the lessons I've learned from my other jobs, not just "I gained customer service experience" but about how I learned that working with customers, particularly the bad ones, was more important to me than working with the good ones because each time I get a new funny story out of it. I also talk about how I enjoy seeing different styles of management and meeting finding new ways to learn from more senior coworkers.

My biggest issue with each is:
I feel like the first will come off as boring and typical
while the second one may come off as too "snowflake"-ish or life-story to a recruiter.
So should I stick to my more professional cover letter or push my second one through more?
1
2