Do I take this job or not?

Anonymous
I am a Teaching Assistant and I'm currently working at an Infants School in a 1:1 role. The child that I work with is leaving for the Juniors School and as a result, my contract is coming to an end and I'm being let go at the end of the year. However, they are looking into the possibility of me following this child up to the JS and supporting him as he transitions over.

To be perfectly honest, my passion for this role has decreased as the year has progressed - the intensity of the job is something that I really struggle with mentally and I can't see myself doing this kind of role in a few years time. However, I haven't reached the point where I'm completely out of love with it. In addition to this, my prior experience would make the change a bit less daunting and it's the only job that I know that I'm good at which leads me to my dilemma.

I'm really torn as to what to actually do - should I play it safe and take the job if it's offered and use my spare time to run things through in my head or should I take some time out to figure out what I really want to do?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is a bit rambly.
Do I take this job or not?
2
1