My younger brother doesn't plan on going to college and plans on pursuing his "passion for music", but he actually sucks. we dont know what to do?

Anonymous
he will NOT make a living out of this. he's confident. he has started writing a few songs and makes covers. he's spent a lot of money on things for his "music". Okay, it is great that he is passionate about something, I know that, but he must still finish school. go to college, get an actual job, and then still make his passion for music a part of his life, but definitely NOT make it his whole life. im worried for him and his future. my parents aren't happy about it either, none of my family is happy that he's throwing away college and thinking his music will actually be something when it is not. I know im being harsh, but its the truth. he just graduated high school. my parents just hope one day he'll be mature enough to realize what he has to do. which is getting an education.
he's actually very good at cooking and will be great in culinary. he cooks a lot of healthy food. we all wish he'd one day decide to study for it, but as far as we can see, he doesn't have any plans to. every time someone asks him what he's going to study for college, he confidently tells them that he isn't going and he'll be pursuing his career in music. again, thats the thing, there is no "career" in music for him. I don't know where else to ask for advice. should I show him some tough love by telling him the truth? It will hurt him thats why I didn't do it.
30 d
I appreciate you all for helping, truly. its hard but most of you are right, there really is nothing i/my family can do but to let him figure this out on his own. im just going to support him on whatever path he takes and help him best I can whenever he needs it. what most of you have said is exactly what I needed, thanks. you all stay safe and have a good day..
11
1