Am I in the wrong? Coworker out for 2 weeks and boss mad at me because I don’t know how to do her work?

Anonymous
We work in software tech. I was trained under my coworker who taught me a segment of this project that we do each day. She deals with a whole other end, and other coworkers deal with their end. I have no idea how the other ends create or deal with whatever. So my coworker is out. We had some errors today and I am trying to help out and email my coworkers to figure it out and my boss points the finger at me and says I need to pick up and figure this out. Like? I don’t deal with that end and now I’m blamed? I never learned how to do her part so I literallly do not have the tools in my head to find what went wrong. Am I a terrible worker or what?
0
1