Is 27 really too old to start medical school?

Anonymous
I’m 21 and I just graduated in biology from college but I want to spend my early 20’s, having some fun, traveling with my family and friends while spending time with them, writing, working a part time job and living my life to the fullest, my mom is okay with that and she’s literally encouraging me to take some time aside and maybe having a family.

I always wanted to be a doctor to be honest, but I feel that I will waist the best years of my life, if I spend them grinding and studying all day.

Is it truly foolish that I can’t see my self going to med school now but in five year? Don’t be wrong, I’m in love with the process, and when I study I do it 15-16 hours a day and I scored a perfect GPA, but even tho my dream is to be a doctor I can’t help but feel that I’m not ready yet to go to med school. Is it normal?
18
7