Is the difference between a bad/poor job and a good job (workplace) literally down to having a bad or a good boss?

Anonymous
The last job. The boss was horrible. Arrogant, nasty, condensing. The only people who ever had anything nice to say about her were of the same type everyone else - from patrons, to colleagues, to other department bosses - could not stand her. I hated it within 3 months.

When I compare that job to a one I just started it's like night and day. The boss is fantastic. We banter, when I once texted him apologizing for a minor thing his response was he couldn't understand why bother apologizing. This place I could work at for years.

I use these two as the only real difference is the boss. The colleagues are of the same sort. Couldn't really be bothered to know any of them from the last or current job beyond work.
Yes
No
GirlGuy
1
1