Do you invest in stocks or mutual funds or just financially literate? What should I do as a first timer? Help me please?

Anonymous
I started an account in a local and trusted online broker site. It's pretty good so far. They have 0 loads and i have access to many info including reports about market, recommended actions, etc. I'm a first timer and I've only researched this a bit. I have decided to invest in mutual funds first then from there go to stocks once I become more financially literate. Tbh, though I have no idea which mutual fund company is for me. I've tried to find ideas but all I get is "set your goals" "choose fund type", etc and it doesn't really help. I need technical advice tbh.

I'm up for low to moderate risks and hope for moderate to high profit. Is that possible? The money I'm using is an extra so at least Im not too cautious about it. Also, I plan to do this for the long term. The only problem is I don't know where to use my money now. Should i start now in this pandemic? How do you choose a fund type and company? What specific criteria do you use? If i understand the past performance doesn't really tell you what will happen, so what are your technical basis? What sites or books or newspapers should I look at to follow whats happening in the market? What should i look or monitor these coming months and yearmm What events should i look for that will affect them? Where should i invest it especially in this pandemic? Can I trust trends? I was hoping to talk to anyone who could help me because I just graduated from an unrelated course and tbh i dont know anyone who knows about these things. I've no one to guide me through this except youtube videos and some books. Any advice? Thank you.

Ps I've already asked this on another site but i got no help so this is my last resort please help anyone? thank youuu
4
0