Why do some people try to get the bartender in trouble?

Anonymous
I have a friend who is going out to the bar to celebrate a 20th birthday of some chick. If the bartender is caught serving someone underage, there is a fine on the bar, the bartender also faces a fine and possible jail time, as well as it being on their work record where they will be unable to work in the industry again in the same capacity. While it isn't my business, it disgusts me that people do this, especially people who work in the industry.
I'm a Card Nazi when I work, serving or bartending, if I don't know you you get carded. I've carded people 6 times because they come in on my busy shifts and I don't remember faces long term when I'm 3 deep multiple nights a week for multiple weeks in a row. Some people are assholes and bitch, others just hand them over, but the minute I ask is the minute if you don't have it on you you don't get served, even if my regulars who I DO remember can "vouch" for you.
Why do underage people try to go out and get the bar & the bartender in trouble? Why do people get pissy when they are carded?
Some of us DON'T want to end up in jail or with fines or being unable to work in a fast money environment.
3
0