Do you experience any envy or jealousy from your colleagues?

lilyanony1
I have been working somewhere since June and since I started all I've received is comments like, why don't you work in another place that offers you more or take a job doing x, y or z?
They have asked a lot of personal questions and my refusal to keep engaging in conversations with them at lunch has made them turn rather nasty. To the point where I was sat watching to film, I was watching on my phone with earphones in and the person was sat beside me bitching "I don't understand how some people can sit at lunch and not talk to anyone" please bare in mind I came to sit among them, she and another girl left and went to buy food, didn't invite or ask me if I wanted anything, when they came inside decided to talk about things I couldn't be included in. When I made the mistake of speaking I was met with flashes of annoyed expressions followed by a reluctant response.
They are very curious and keen to understand why I only work 3 days a week.
I've always been careful with my money, everything is an investment to me. When buying clothes, gadgets, interior purchases etc etc.
But these particular people love to ask me invasive questions, only to get annoyed when I tell them something about my life they don't want to hear. Its not bragging.
And it could be as simple as "what are you having for Christmas Dinner?" this year following my father's death we decided we didn't want a traditional Christmas meal we will have cray fish pasta dish but that's it. For the rest of the day we will veg out on chorizo nachos and other nibbles whilst watching our favourite non tear jerking films.
Saying that has landed me with the most strangest of looks and questions, mostly surrounding my grandparents, and family wealth. The sad thing is its also the professionals who are acting up, they earn triple what we do. And me suggesting wanting to try a nice restaurant for my 30th somehow pissed them off despite them asking what I wanted to do. Mean spirited people... Ugh!
2
2