The problems of "mum & pop" businesses when one of the spouses is HR, can it be any worse than if they're clueless about the business/field itself?

Anonymous
So I work in pharmacy. I am *damn* good at my job. I can work almost wherever I want in the US under the licensing system & teach too. Having dual citizenship & relatives mostly in Canada I went there pre-COVID & ended up staying for a minimum wage job (it pays the bills).

Anyway while here this is the first business I've worked where the husband & wife are not pharmacists. There's a reason for this. People who are not pharmacists don't understand the ins/outs of the business/field, they don't understand the particulars of billing, urgency, etc. And that can't be anymore blatantly obvious than with this boss & their spouse. Enough that I can't help but think the spouse has cost the boss good employees & likely business.

But I have problems with the spouse/HR because they don't understand the business. They follow the gibbering of the current staff (predominantly useless) instead of seeing actual talent that the owner (pharmacist) and the other pharmacists have seen.
1
0