How can I tell if a colleague is being professional or just too nice?

Carinna23
I've been contacting a potential coworker to understand better on a topic. I was referred by another colleague. The first time we talked this person was very nice, expressed his disposition for help and exposed that I can treat him informally. He asked me my age and what my future professional plans were.

Then months later I again reached out to as again a work collaboration, I made the contact via email. This person called me and mentioned that I could go to his state to have the material I'm needing that he couldn't send it via email since he's very busy doing a lot of stuff but he can give it to me personally. I explored other alternatives and the person's consent. This time the person asked me if I was currently working and mentioned he could recommend me for work on the project he's directing as well. I kind of was flattered since the project and work environment is of my interest but it felt kind of too much. Am i imagining things or its just a matter of decency and personality styles?
2
0