Do you recognize members of the Army National Guard and Army Reserves as SOLDIERS (AMERICANS ONLY)?

iAMtheT0ASTER
This question is for Americans only since I'm talking about the American Armed Forces and I don't know how other countries' military works.

I'm very much considering joining the Army National Guard once I lose weight. I want to join because I want a bigger meaning in my life and have a better sense of duty and responsibility. I also can serve my country while working on my investing career.

I've been doing a lot of research on it and some people look down on Guardsmen and Reservists because they're part-timers and weekend warriors. I don't get why because from what I know, Guardsmen and Reservists aren't dicking around during the rest of the year, they still work full-time civilian jobs and still willingly signed up to be in the military.
They get the same training and get deployed like everyone else. They get deployed to places in the U. S. and overseas and work a full-time civilian job.

There are plenty of reasons why people would choose a part-time military career over active duty.
They want a better sense of purpose in their lives.
They want to excel in their civilian jobs and serve their country.
They joined to make some extra money to make ends meet and get benefits for their family
They use the money to pay their way through college.

As long as they're doing their part in the military I see them as soldiers.
I'm not an American
They Are Soldiers
They Are Not Soldiers
Vote C
GirlGuy
2
7