Tips on moving out?

Anonymous
So I’m a college student rn (second year). Currently living with parents because my school is virtual. I live in Cali so rent is expensive. I’m planning on moving out with my friend in the summer, and I will be responsible for about $800-1000 in rent (paying half of rent)—Nor Cal :/ My parents are nearly broke so they can’t help at all. Because I am a full time student, my plan is to work at a job part-time, working about 25 (but no more than 30) hours per week, making about minimum wage. Finance people of GAG, what tips can you give me? I want to save at least 15-20% of my paycheck to purchase a house someday. I need money for food, gas, and other shit. I feel overwhelmed with the idea of balancing my time and money to ensure I 1. Never am short in rent money, 2. Have enough financial flexibility to feel safe in case something happens. I don’t want to set financial expectations that I can not achieve so I want to be realistic lol.

Also, I don’t want to take out any student loans for “rent” purposes. I already owe about 5k in student loans for school. Any tips on how you balance your finances? Any tips for moving out? Any tips for saving money? Thank you, all comments are welcomed and appreciated.
Tips on moving out?
1
1