I'm an idiot. I left my secure job at a tech company (with RSUs and a higher salary) for a "passion job" at a nonprofit & regret it SO much?

Anonymous
I don't know what I was thinking. I left my old job, which was really monotonous in the sense that I was no longer really growing or challenged. But I had stock options and a recent raise, putting me above market rate for my job title.

A new job came along, at a non profit that I grew up really passionate about. The job was a little cut in pay (not counting the restricted stock units, in which case the cut is significant) but I figured it would help me grow my skillset and might challenge me to grow.

I had my first day today and it was TERRIBLE. Like, it was just so overwhelming and they're obviously all really overworked because it's a nonprofit and nobody there seems happy and I'm feeling really miserable about it all.

Do you think it would be bad to leave after just one day or week or month? I really miss my old job, and I know I probably can't get it back, but I don't want to be in my new job longterm.
2
1