Is it really worth it to take another language in school? Will it actually open up career opportunities in the future or is that bs?

Eelephant
For context I've taken Spanish all throughout elementary, middle school and now I'm on track to take ap Spanish. However I don't know how realistic it is to learn it. Not many people I know speak it, and while it's fun to learn, and a beautiful language I just don't know how practical it is. I feel like if I worked towards fluency, it wouldn't be worth it in the end. I've heard that it may be useful in future jobs, and while there are many Spanish speakers in the usa, the majority know English already and are used to accommodating other americans by speaking English. I'm worried that if I invest so much time into learning it the only time I'll actually ever use it will be when I'm reading food labels, instructions or insulting other people secretly.
12
4