Should I consider leaving my job because my coworkers don't want to talk to me?

aliali8
I work as a security guard. All the other guards there are very gregarious, outgoing. We work in a very informal work environment where we are friendly, conversational, and see each other like family. Not the typical professional, strict environment so its very common to see us chatting about our personal lives, tons of small talk.

I just find that my coworkers do not want to talk to me. When I make conversation with them, they would reply but after 25 seconds, they'd see the janitor walk by then interrupt me to say hi then go onto talk to them, as if our conversation never existed. Its really rude to just cut me off while I'm saying something. Its happened so many times. Maybe I'm not interesting or charismatic enough.

I can't force people to talk to me. So I just stopped small talking to anyone at work. If people don't want to talk to me, then why should i try talk to them? After a few weeks, I started getting lonely. I don't really have any friends outside of work so I didn't have a social life at all. Then later, I also had a small "fall out" with a supervisor.

Now I don't feel welcome at my job anymore. I feel like I'm not included in the family. I liked working there very much and it offers great benefits. But I honestly am not excited to go to work anymore. I just work the job , grab my money, then run as fast as possible at the end of the day. There's just this sense of uncomfortableness associated with my job. The more I try to avoid interacting with my coworkers besides the basic pleasantries such as "hello, good morning, goodbye", the more uncomfortable and misplaced I feel like that work environment.
1
0