How to deal with a teacher/professor who is very caring but says mean things to you?

Anonymous
I’m a senior music major in college (one year left till graduation) and my private lessons teacher says some really mean things to me sometimes. He compares me to the other students in my section, he tells me things like, “your students are going to be smarter than you” “I teach younger kids who sounds better than you” “I never want to play/sound like you”. Those things really hurt. I’ve talked to him about it in the past, and I ended up changing majors, but I’m back to music now. However, he’s really caring, always asking me how I’m doing, etc.
I don’t know what to do. I don’t like how he talks to me, but then again he’s very caring. I talked to my advisor about this, but he said that he’ll get back to me as soon as possible
1
1