I have a career goal but my parents are shutting me out?

AnnasiaB
It’s been about a year since I was originally supposed to join the military, but due to me being underweight, I wasn’t able to ship. Now I’m still struggling to gain weight and this is what I want to do military. I’ve been struggling because I wasn’t being consistent. I had my shit together when I graduated high school as far as what I wanted to do and now I’m being looked at as I haven’t done shit from a year ago to now. I want to leave, be independent, and be successful. My parents basically are giving up on my dream to join the air force and say that I’ve had a year to gain the weight and nothing has happened so I need to go to community college. I also work part time and turn 20 in November. I had plans on getting my shit together which I’ve been started going back to the gym and lifting weights and eating food. They don’t want to listen to me on that part. They say why haven’t I looked for other full time jobs besides the part time job I’m working at now. I’m not listening to then for trying to force me to go to college when I’m not interested. I have a goal that I want to get to and I will not stop at no cost until I get there. They are comparing me to my brother who has an associates and trying to belittle me and say that my little sisters will surpass me when they get to college. What do you guys think of this?
9 d
I’m frustrated because military was never my #1 option. But it is the best one for me!! I’m being told if I don’t get a full time job then I’ll have to start paying rent by January. If that’s the case I’ll pack my stuff and leave. I can’t wait until I finally reach this goal and show them that i could make it happen. I don’t want to hear anything from them trying to make it seem like they were rooting for me the whole time when on reality they were giving up on me.
9 d
I need real opinions on this and how you guys feel about this on their part and mine.
2
0