Why do some people believe Maternity Leave should be entitled to workers?

MCheetah
I know this is going to open up a big can of worms... But look: I'm not defending corporations. I think most of them exploit and screw over their workers. But the idea of maternity leave is such BS. Why should a company have to pay you for your personal choices?

I'm not saying Maternity Leave should never be offered. But I am saying it isn't a right and people aren't entitled to it, because it's your own personal choice. If I owned a company, why should I have to pay you for the decisions you made outside of work? And before some feminist gets on my case, I believe the same rule applies whenever a male, or female, worker gets hurt off job. You go skiing and you break your leg. Why is the company responsible for you, for that?

I believe IF they need it, then mothers should have time off work. But it shouldn't be PAID time off work, unless you've earned up those hours, like as Sick Days, Vacation, or standard PTO, or something. It's also weird that the people that argue for Maternity Leave, tend to hate the idea of Paternity Leave, as well (probably because they're feminists).

But I'm willing to have my mind changed on this. Tell me why someone should be entitled to get paid for their selfish personal choices outside of work? Change My View.
2
2