College/university students, I need your advice, if my prof has awful reviews, should I drop the class?

Anonymous
I am heading into my next semester of university right now, majoring in chemistry to become a pharmacologist. Now we all know chemistry is one of the hardest majors so that already doesn’t help. My prof for my class next semester is “awful” according to reviews online (ratemyprofessor. com, 1.8/5 star rating) and many people have had bad complaints about him not marking fairly or not going over the material or just overall being a bad professor. Should I drop the course and take it another time or should I just suck it up and hope for the best? I’m scared and I’ve been debating this for over a month now. I don’t want my gpa to be lower but I also don’t want to be too behind. (Other chem profs aren’t available at this time)
Drop the class
Just take it and hope for the best
GirlGuy
2
2