Non-traditional student transferring?

Anonymous
I got admitted into a bunch of schools and am ready to officially transfer and start. I turned 26 fairly recently. I have mixed feelings leaving my community college that had everyone of all ages into a 4-year university. Majority of people will be 18-22 and I am not sure how I will do. I am very nervous that I won't make any friends or will be looked as the "weird old person" in my classes. However, I have been told that I look 17-21 by even random people so I guess that helps me lol. Anyways, the estimated age of graduation that I am looking at is 28 or 29 (if I opt to do the co-op program for engineering and experience). The important thing for me right now is to try and not graduate with debt. I used to not have a problem with my age and not finishing college after a few years into CC. My friend suggested to me to "rush" but I feel like I am too old for that along with the financial burden, morals difference, and other things would make me not a good fit for a sorority. I thought of doing a co-op program for my engineering degree. However, that would require 3 rotations and might slow me down in graduating faster but at least I would have experience. I already am feeling weird with being in school at my age. I personally don't mind my friends being younger than me (the age difference doesn't bother me personally in friendships). It is just tricky on the other side since I know not everyone is as open.

However, reality just hit me that I am close to graduation. I officially start next semester (woot woot) and am very proud of myself for continuing even though it's been a rough road. I was in the hospital recently and while I have been sad of the aftermath... I'm not letting it stopping me from getting my degree. I worked very hard to get to this point! Anyways, I would love to hear any tips or advice! Especially with adjusting, age gap difference, and anything else that you can think of. Thank you!
Non-traditional student transferring?
0
1