Was I wrong to get her fired?

Anonymous
So, basically, at work I was supposed to work on this project starting back in the summer and it was supposed to be done by the end of the year. Well, a bunch of stuff happened in life, and I forgot about it when suddenly my boss asked if I had completed the project. I panicked and I don’t normally lie but I figured it wouldn’t be that big of a deal and I could stall my boss and he would find out the real story and then I would be finished with the project. Big mistake. I told my boss I was waiting on one of my coworkers to send me information before I could finish this project and that if I had gotten it from her sooner then I could’ve finished by now. So I thought it would be over soon and the next thing I know, I get an IM from my coworker and she was typing like crazy saying she was getting fired for incompetence and she didn’t understand why and she was asking me I knew why and I told her I had no idea who was saying horrible things about her so the next thing I knew she was gone and now I feel kind of bad about it like I might have had something to do with it. So should I maybe come clean and tell my boss I lied? I don’t want to get fired too so I’m confused about what to do but I’m tired of feeling guilty.
Was I wrong to get her fired?
Add Opinion