Are you are who you were or wanted to be in 8th grade?

Anonymous
In 8th grade, I wanted to be a software engineer at Google when I grew up. I also wanted to play point guard in basketball, I liked girls with brown hair, I wanted to fly planes, and I liked to travel.

Fast-forward 14 years, I am a software engineer and I have 2 degrees in it. I don’t currently work at Google, but I’m at the 2nd stage in the interview process. I studied aerospace engineering when I first got to college, but then I switched. I played shooting guard back on my 8th grade team, however I typically run point in pick-up games today. I still like the same kind of girls. I’ve flown a plane and am currently working on my private pilot’s license on the side. I’ve also travelled quite a bit and have a couple international trips planned for this year.

Even though I’ve gone off the path a little bit, I feel like I’m my 8th grade self again and if that version of me could see me today, he’d be very proud.

Do you feel like you are your 8th grade self or who your 8th grade self wanted to be as a grown up? Or could it just be me & my friends. Most of my friends feel the same way.
Yes
No
Maybe/I don’t know
Vote C
GirlGuy
3
2