How many of you have any idea what this is?

Aerissa_Jade
Today I'm going to let a little of my geek side out, how many of you would have any idea what this is? I'd wager many people on here that are highly technical will know what this is.

MSH|^~\& EPIC EPICADT SMS SMSADT|199912271408 CHARRIS ADT^A04|1817457 D|2.5|
PID|0493575^^^2^ID 1|454721 DOE^JOHN^^^^ DOE^JOHN^^^^|19480203 M B|254 MYSTREET AVE^^MYTOWN^OH^44123^USA|(216)123-4567 M NON|400003403~1129086|
NK1 ROE^MARIE^^^^ SPO|(216)123-4567 EC|
PV1 O|168 ~219~C~PMA^^^^^^^^^|277^ALLEN MYLASTNAME^BONNIE^^^^ 2688684|199912271408|002376853

This is what I deal with almost daily but is only a tiny slice of the pie.

No this isn't from any real work, this is from the internet as an example as I'd never use any real work as I want NO ONE to know where I work for privacy reasons or share any real data.

After changing professions, I started into this a little less than two years ago and self-taught myself to be pretty good, eventually moving into MSSQL as it links with my job to resend or update messages and now they have me reviewing/writing technical documentation as all the other super geeks (who are a million times better than I am) are not very good at writing things.

This is a field that we could definitely use more women in, highly male-dominated. Good thing we just hired a young woman who started last month, now I'm not the only woman on the team. Now I'm only the second youngest person on the team, rather than the youngest. The rest are all in their late 30's or mid 40's.

I do find it extremely boring though, reviewing hundreds of pages of this to find out why things are not working correctly for new clients. Good company though, with good benefits while I work on something different that is less boring for my next career move. Now I get to go review 100+ pages of this to find the errors... yay for me, not really.
17 d
This an HL7 Example, from blog.interfaceware.com/hl7-message-components/

@FunkyMonkee knew what it was and provided a great link as well at www.chegg.com/.../deck

It is a type of message transfer between database systems for healthcare, such as Medical to Dental or imaging software.

It has to be setup perfectly or things will not work correctly, on both sides. The sending and receiving, and may be one way or two way.
15
2