I was asked to terminate someone and I didn't know it would be part of my role. Is this a valid reason to quit?

Anonymous
I accepted a new job as a Recruiter 3 months ago and It's been kind of a shit show, due to being a non-profit with limited resources and not enough people to do all the work. So, some of my bosses job has crossed over into my responsibility. For example, we have to term someone if they don't bring in their I-9 documents within 72 hours of their first day. This ended up happening, and to my shock, my manger asked me to send the termination email. I don't feel as though this should be my responsibility, considering I was essentially hired to ONBOARD and HIRE employees, not FIRE them. What do you think? Am I being unreasonable for wanting to leave over this?
Yes
No
GirlGuy
9 d
Yes = it's a valid reason to quit

No = It's not a valid reason to quit
2
3