Should animals be used in entertainment and sports?

Please leave a detailed explanation on why animals should not be used in sports or entertainment purposes.
  • Yes
  • No

57

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes and No. As long as the sport isn't animals disliking.
    If the animal enjoying what it's partaking in, I'm all for it. After all, it's then animals who are the main concern.

Sheep herding and Dog agility is great. The Dog loves it. It's in their instinct.

Equestrian is good too, horses love doing it. Makes the bond stronger between the rider and the horse.

But, bull riding, and bullfighting is just wrong. The animal wants no part of it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think so yes. I do horseback riding for about 12 years now and as I know, some horses really like it and really want to work for a person (at least that's how I experience it. We will never know). People always think the best for an animal is to let them go in nature, but we humans can't never guess what an animal actually thinks and feels. Maybe he does like to slender it's whole life in nature, maybe not, but taking away a pleasurable sport from a lot of people because of one doubt that it might not be pleasurable for the animal is ridiculous I think. Same goes for zoo's and stuff.