What guitar brand should I get?

I have been playing guitar for a year and half now and I wanted to get a nicer guitar than I have already. The one that I am currently using is a B. C Rich I don't care for it all. It's old and has a couple of dents and marks on it. Since I am fairly new to guitar playing I wasn't really sure what brand of guitar I should get. I play metal mostly and I want a guitar more suitable for it. When I picked out my first guitar I had no idea what I was doing so I picked a guitar based on looks. But now I can play and see which ones are suitable for my playing style. Any brand suggestions?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Metal = Ibanez

OR the same model that one of your favorite guitarists uses (Kirk Hammet ESP guitars, Dimebag Dean guitars, etc)

I have a $150 Ibanez RG120 and it sounds pretty great for thrash and heavy metal.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks it looks like I am going to try and to find an Ibanez because that's what all the opinions are recommending.

• my personal favorite are ESP/LTD with Ibanez in a close second. I was really impressed with the stock pickups that came in my viper. they have great output and crunch

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• I really like Schecter a lot. If your into classic guitars for a reasonable price you can check out Revelations guitars. Brands like Ibanez, Jackson and Esp are also fine. And you obviously have the classic giants like Gibson, Fender and PRS which are usually pretty pricy but great guitars.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go to a shop and try different ones.

My brand of choice is Ibanez.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yamaha

0|0
    0|0
  • LTD Guitars are also an excellent metal guitar

0|0
    0|0
  • Ibanez is a good guitar brand for playing metal however I would go to a couple of music shops and try some guitars out yourself

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes