Why do veterans get treated badly in America?

How this started out is I watched a music video
Five finger death punch- wrong side of heaven
And it talked about basically how veterans are treated in america and that most end up homeless. So my question is why?
Being originally from russia, our veterans are treated with the highest of respect even though most fought in world war two and are still alive and such. If someone disrepects them literally you'll get beaten up for being rude to them. And they get a high Pention I think that's how you spell it. So they don't end up homeless at all

"Arms wide open I stand alone.
I'm no hero and I'm not made of stone.
Right or wrong
I can hardly kill
I'm on the wrong side of heaven
And the righteous side of hell"

From the song

313

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe in the Vietnam era they do but I get treated like a king lol. I get my post 9/11 GI Bill. I get Basic housing allowance. I get the upmost respect in job interviews. Girls love it when I tell them I was in. Girlfriends parents always respect me. Guys in college look up to me and ask me for life advice. I get VA assistance. I get to register for my classes before everyone else.. I get bada$$ government discounted mortgages. Honestly I can't complain lol..

Of course mental illness happens a lot when guys are getting out and I had a lot of trouble adjusting back to civilian life too. The VA offers so many services that will help you and assist you to get back on your feet when you get out. The guys that come out all fcked up are usually the ones that are too 'tough' to talk about their issues to a professional. The label of mental illness or PTSD is often off putting as well. That's why a lot of Marines stay away from going that route but it is really in their best interest.

If you become homeless after getting your dd214 in todays generation you are either dealing with a strong mental illness that you should of handled as it approached or you are truly a shitbag and are not capable of wiping your own ass. We like to call those types of guys terminal lances in the Marines ahahah

@Knuckles77

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Well you're one of the lucky ones then

• Haha you'd be appreciated even more 😂 plus there are facts in there that hit the feels ahh ok I won't spoil

• I think you're right on. Semper Fi bro.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's in a lot of countries. They go fight a fight the gov sent them to, they fight the governments fight... fights the government wouldn't start if they personally were on the front line getting shot at. They only start these fights because somebody else will risk themselves for it. Even if the country is bombed, the leaders will have safe places to hide, while civilians get killed.
    Then after all that, it's left to charities to look after the soldiers. They come back without limbs, with mental health issues, and are left to rot or be taken care of by civilians.
    The government doesn't care at all, about their civilians or their fighters. This is why it happens. American soldiers have it better than soldiers in a lot of other countries still though.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE