Can anyone think of something from their childhood that seemed radical at the time but on reflection, one can't help going, What were they thinking?

After my last question - I went and had a look at stuff from the 1980s that never quite caught on and I found THE WRIST INFORMATION SYSTEM... LoL

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Not technology, but yeah. :) In the early 80s in the USA there were some very unfortunate styling fads. There was "the rat tail," which was a very thin, long version of a pony tail, popular among girls and boys. (Aimee Mann from 'Til Tuesday had one in the video for "Voices Carry.") Then there were Coca-Cola clothes, which were just normal shirts with a big stripe across the chest that said "Coca-Cola." The shirts weren't cheap, so families were basically paying Coca-Cola a premium for the privilege of having their pre-teen child become a walking advertisement. Those were unbelievably popular when I was young.

Finally, lots of parachute material--pants, Members Only jackets, etc. Why? I suppose we'll never know. Nevertheless, they were quite "rad."