What the hell is Bollywood?

I hear that name so much here.

819

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not entirely sure. I think it's movies made in India. Some people here are really obsessed with the stars over there, I don't really know why. I don't know it enough to praise or knock it, but I'd imagine i'd probably enjoy movies made in my own culture more. But by that same logic, I'd imagine Indians would appreciate it more than American cinema. I have a very strict "no foreign films" policy. They get you with the subtitles, next thing you know, you're reading books...
    media.riffsy.com/.../raw

• Obsessed with stars over there? What the hell? I haven't heard of even one.

• Sorry, I meant on here, on GAG, haha. Literally never heard of one myself either, I just noticed a lot of questions asking people to rate the looks of certain Bollywood actors and actresses, like they seemed very eager to hear that these people were seen as "hot" as American stars.

Most Helpful Girl

• The Indian equivalent of Hollywood. It seems to be really popular.

• If it would be popular I would heard of it before.

• That's why I said it seems to be popular. I didn't know anything about Bollywood until like last year, and now I hear about it all the time.