What is your favorite horror movie?

for me it is horror in Amityville (1979), the conjuring 1 and 2, sinister 1 and 2, psycho

Most Helpful Guy

• 'Dawn of the Dead' (1978). It is perhaps the only zombie film which actually explores the epidemic from the very beginning whereas most are post-apocalyptic. Thus the way it shows the breakdown of human institutions and inevitable collapse of society is truly terrifying. It is like, where does this epidemic go from something distant you see on the news to something that is literally breaking into your home? When does it go from the same old routine of school and work to my only goal is now survival? Again, terrifying. 'Dawn of the Dead' is probably the most frightening film I have ever seen. It feels like one big nightmare, yet it is a nightmare that is a reality and does not go away.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 21

• Salems Lot - scared the heck out of me!
    Poltergeist... fun scary.

• Good question.. I've watched so.. (...) many.. ^.~

I've actually found that the "found footage" genre, seem the most real. Horror movies like [REC] and V/H/S (and the sequel) were pretty good. I also liked the Chernobyl Diaries, Afflicted, and Grave Encounters (both of them).

Oh, and if you know any good horrors with dead children, please do tell. ^.^

• I nearly forgot an upcoming one, The dark below.. looking forward to that. ^.^

• Is it any good? I know there's several of them already, never got to watch them though.. Did you ever watch "Absentia? That one had it's moments, due to being so casual about it's jumpscares.

• I liked it and no I haven't watched it, will put it on my list

• The original Amityville movies are great. My favorite is The Descent. The acting was great, I loved the all female cast which I don't think has really happened much in a horror film, and the back story of some of the characters.

• Omg!!! it is my favorite movie ever, how did I forgot it?

• That's too cool. I didn't even think many knew about The Descent. Its one of few movies I refuse to lend out to people cause I loved it so much

• everyone I know dont like it, I didn't expect anyone to comment about it

• Amityville horror is awesome☺️

• Not find of horror movies.
    But amityville and conjuring were pretty decent.

• Halloween

• not a fan of horror movies. I don't watch many movies anyway, so if I do it's something else.

The last one I can remember having seen was the first Resident Evil... if that counts as one

• Rosemary's Baby, Black Christmas, End of Days, Halloween (original and remake) Boogeyman, Darkness Falls ;)

• The grudge, the original one, Ju-on the one based on real events before the americans ruined it with the sequal that never happened. Its cheesy but its a good cheesy like double Gloucester cheddar cheese

• 1. 28 Days Later
    2. Dead End
    3. Silent Hill (the first one, revelations is a fucking smudge on the silent hill name.)
    4. Pontypool
    5. 28 Weeks Later
    6. Rec

• well its more of a thriller horror movie but i like the final destination movies

• Hard question to answer!
    Return of the living dead or the Friday the 13th movies are the ones I've seen the most times, Probably.

• What how you can forget insidious its a classic.

As for my personal fav its a tie between insidious and a dumb little movie with a awsome concept
    Called stay alive

• I thought about it but it isn't scary at all for me but I like it

• the conjuring is based on cases of the warrens so it is cooler

• That mess is exaggerated. lol but I like the conjuring. Clap clap lol

James wan genius I think we can say he a horror genius

He made saw invidious serious the conjuring series and now he's directing aqua man I hope he can do it

• The thing I like your choicies to though.

• Anything with ghosts, I hate ghosts.

• Halloween, the thing, the shining

• i spit on your grave

• Halloween Friday The 13th Chucky and Nightmare on Elm Street

• It (filler)

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 15

• I really like nightmare on elm street and Jason x

• I have too many but I do have a "short" list;
    Psycho (1960)
    Bride of Chucky
    Cannibal Holocaust
    A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984)
    Jaws
    Hellraiser

I could go on and on...

• The Conjuring (haven't seen no.2., but I'm sure it'll be good), The Others, Suspiria, The Craft (even though it's not a horror at all), Insidious (only No.1) aaaand I can't remember any other which are really good.

• Halloween, Freddie, The Evil Dead, The Lost Boys

• silence of the lambs, carrie (the older one) , silent hill 1 and 2 (the stories are interesting), and the people under the stairs.

• A nightmare on Elm street. Kreuger is just hella scary.

• Scream 4, The Purge, Annabelle, there's so many

• a haunting in Connecticut

• The Babadook, Oculus, Psycho, Rosemary's Baby

• The ring. The first conjuring was so overrated to me. Was the second one good?

• I love the saw movies. And I just saw the conjuring 2 on Sunday. It was soooo scary.

• The collector

• Hush

• Jaws 😊

• Freaks