Do you love or hate the "Brave knight saves the princess" story?

I personally love it. Do you love it or hate it? Why do you love/hate it?
  • I hate it.
  • I love it.
  • I think it's fine.
    Vote C

46

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't hate it, but it's boring and has been done to death. Also, the princess and even Knight characters are often pretty one-dimensional, which is my main issue with it. If you use that trope in a story, at least add something new to make it more interesting. Shrek is a good example. And when writers give characters multi-faceted, genuine personalities and agency & growth, we tend to care about them more.

Most Helpful Guy

• I adore it. It's a pretty universal story, it's simple, moral and noble, yet it doesn't need to be simplistic. Plus I'm a huge, huge, King Arthur fanatic, so it comes with the territory.