What's the greatest anime you've ever seen?

Ghost in the Shell (1995 film), obviously.

914

Most Helpful Girl

• that is a difficult question.. ghost in the shell is definitely one of them, but i also think cowboy bebop is really good, also tengen toppa gurren lagann, sidonia no kishi and aldnoah zero

ghost in the shell - because this is arguably the most philosophical anime i have ever watched and continue to watch

cowboy bebop - because of its very unique approach towards space travel, human over-expansion across the galaxy as well as its story around this concept

gurren lagann - because of its artstyle and absurd story and characters, the likes i have never before or since in anime history

sidonia no kishi - because of its very interesting portrayal of humanities last chance of survival inside a seed ship (a seed ship is a ship that is designed to have a very large population that eventually decreases until only 1 survives and was originally theorized to be used to go to planets that would take hundreds of years to reach) as well as its depiction of how the hygg's "god" particle which was very recently discovered by the Large Hadron Collider

aldnoah zero - because of how smart the main protagonist is and how humanity was portrayed as colonials vs indians except that earthlings are the indians.

i have yet to see an anime anywhere near as good as ghost in the shell, but i keep hoping :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you mean movies or series? I will submit some very old series and movies.

- Gatchaman (The original series from the 70's and not that garbage new crap called Gatachman Crowds)
    - Space battleship Yamato
    - Captain Harlock
    - Ulysses 31 (Not a real anime but still)

New stuff
    - Highschool of the Dead
    - Attack on Titan

Films
    - Akira
    - Ghost in the shell
    - Birth (not the greatest but a personal action packed favorite)
    - Perfect Blue
    - Golgo 13