So you're dropped off on the east coast of wild Canada... you have to survive as long as possible, it'll be hard but it'll be easy for some.
Judging on your mental and physical strength abilities, how long do you think you'd last? how would you survive it with no help at all just the wilderness to live with?
You can bring only 10 items with you, no food or water.
I am intrigued to read your ideas :*
No bein' lazy ;)
Most Helpful Girl
1. char cloth or cordite
2. an acrylic fire piston
3. potassium permanganate and
glycerin in a double chemical container
4. 1 charcoal infused 500ml bottle
5. 1 standard combat knife and whet-stone set
6. alcohol or povidone iodine
7. 20 meter long hemp rope
8. 1 ball of 100% cotton yarn
9. 250mg potassium nitrate and 100mg
white sugar in a double pouch pack
10. 1 large blue tarpaulin
1. the char cloth is useful for starting fires because it is extremely light and heat sensitive and also pressure sensitive and combusts rapidly enough, easy to use and easy to make, whereas cordite is more difficult to make but is a very powerful extremely rapid burning material that will combust from impact forces or heat, very useful for destroying compacted rocks or hollowed trees
2. an acrylic fire piston an really only be used with char cloth but requires less of it to start a fire than without it, very useful for a variety of applications like emergency cauterization of deep wounds and initiating fuses, it is easy and cheap to build as well
3. potassium permanganate is a powder solution that is useful for purifying river water and makes a powerful antiseptic agent in concentrations of water, however if it doesn't appear pink when a tiny amount is mixed into a bottle of water then dont drink it, pink is safe while purple is better for antiseptic, glycerin is a useful tool for burns, light injuries, mosquito bites, rashes and boils and neutralizes chemical burns, mix both potassium permanganate and glycerin together and you will create an unstable chemical that will easily help you start a fire and is safe to cook with, both of these sealed seperately in chemical containers make a perfect combination of sterilization, medication, and combustion
4. water bottles are essential for survival since water is not always readily available in the wild, keep a rod of charcoal in it and it should kill organisms as well as alkalize the water, and the bottle itself can be used as a sort of parabolic mirror to help combust light sensitive materials in low light
5. a trusty combat knife is always useful in survival, from defending yourself to making hunting tools like spears and bows, to making traps, to skinning and cutting your catch, a knife is essential for anybody's survival.. buying one that comes with a small whetstone is just icing on the cake
- Show AllShow Less