What Song Introduced You To Your Favorite Music Genre?

Up until 1991 I was listening to whatever my Parents listened to, like most kids. Then this Video showed up on MTV:

To an 11yr old at the time this literally ROCKED my World! Soon I was listening to Everything in Metal my Parents would let me bring home and what they wouldn't at a friend's house.

So What Song Got You Hooked On Your Favorite Music Genre?

1417

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Ah, I love some Metallica.

I was like you, I listened to whatever my parents did and I actually liked it. They liked Eurythmics, Duran Duran, Queen, Tears for Fears, Fleetwood Mac, etc.

They never listened to Depeche Mode, and this song was my favorite for so long. I still listen to it from time to time

I can't post links yet, but it's "Enjoy the Silence".