What do you think of Phil Collins as a singer both of Genesis and a solo artist?

Here are a few songs that he has sung bith as lead singer of the band Genesis and as a solo artist.

Genesis - In Too Deep

Genesis - Invisible Touch

Phil Collins - Take Me Home

Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Huge fan of Genesis and Phil. Phil Collins is a staple in my household in terms of music. Saw a recent performance from Phil on television last Christmas, and he still has so much stage presence and strength behind his voice.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• He's brilliant and one of the best from the 80's.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• One of the most talented musicians of our time. plays multi instruments and sings with so much vibrato its sick. Took Peter Gabriel's position in Genius without missing a beat.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm just gonna leave this here... πŸ‘Œ
    https://youtu.be/52NbxxVUGzk

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't know much about Genisis, but I do love his work with Disney

0|0
    0|0
  • not a big fan personally but i certainly recognize that he has tons of talent.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think I preferred Peter Gabriel's solo work to be honest.

0|0
    0|0
    • Its about Phil Collins. Genesis was better when he took over as lead sing after not finding a dinger when Peter Gabriel left

• Show All
    • 1 y ago

@OwenDog I disagree because Phil Collins is a way better singer than Peter Gabriel. Whose solo music has more staying power? Phil Collins. Which version of Genesis has more staying power? Peter Gabriel as lead singer or Phil Collins as lead singer? Phil as lead singer.

• 1 y ago

It's an opinion question, obviously, so I'm not saying you are wrong. But you shouldn't state the two things you just said as fact either. I would actually argue both. I think Phil Collins is a great singer, but I also think Peter Gabriel is a great singer and I much prefer Gabriel. His voice, his music, his performances, his persona, his entire body of work is much more interesting than Phil Collins'. He was not as commercially successful, but that doesn't equate to "greatness" or "staying power" in my opinion. I think Gabriel's music already has and will stand the test of time. Much of it is so unique it can't even be compared to other music of it's time - therefore won't be labeled as "old" or "outdated." I'm not sure I could say the same for Phil's even though I think he is great as well. As for Genesis, Gabriel's era might sound very 70's, but Phil's era sounds very 80s and too similar to his solo work. I think the 70s sound has aged much better than the 80s sound.

• I prefer Genesis over Phil Collins. Phil Collins is a fantastic musician, but he was better in Genesis.

0|0
    0|0
  • Love him

0|2
    0|0
  • I love Phil Collins!

0|1
    0|0
  • GreatπŸ‘

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes