Do you believe actors should play roles that match their personality only?

Yes, because disappointment is huge when you find out an actor's actual personality is miles away from the role he/she became known about.

For example if as an actor you became popular portraying a married guy devoted to his wife, but in real life you are totally against marriage... is plainly ridiculous, because you give people the wrong impression about yourself.
  • Yes
  • No
Personally I would refuse to take a role that was against my personality/beliefs or if I had to change my looks for the sake of the role.

34

Most Helpful Girls

• No, that's ridiculous. The whole point of acting is to pretend to be someone else for a while, why on earth would you only want to portray people that are the same as you.

• Doesn't Tom Cruise already do that?

Most Helpful Guys

• That's not acting then. It's their profession to be somebody they are not. Just being yourself isn't acting.

• No but it's preffered cause it's easier for them and they can do it better