Do you think superhero films are an American thing?

I've been binge watching all of the superhero films from Marvel and DC and I really don't get the appeal - I'm not a huge fan of the films. The only one that I've liked so far is Captain America: Winter Soldier. I was just wondering if any of you think that superhero films appeal to mostly Americans, since that's where Marvel and DC was birthed: in America? I don't know, maybe since I'm not American, I don't like them as much. Does this make sense?

06

Most Helpful Guy

• That's cause most of the avenger movies are just plain shitty. Captain America and iron man are the only good ones

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 5

• I think that they have global appeal but there is a definite theme in many American blockbuster movies where America saves the world. However, I quite like that, I like the can do attitude, the positivity. I'm not trying to get into a debaet on the merits of America and its foreign policy because I'm English and we're not so much different. However, where we really do differ is that America projects that idea of achievement, of wonderful heroism, of dreams and big ideas. I don't think that's a bad thing.

• There are too fucking many of them

• I think Its all rooted to comics culture which was and is strong in America.. In my country, there was a also strong comics culture in the 60's all the way to 80's and we have our own suprheroes. My dad always told me its the entertainment back in their days. Kids would spend their lunch money buying comics. Fast forward, superheroes are popular here too.

• No, they're making a Russian superhero movie that looks badass... Don't remember what it's called though.

• Considering this new russian super hero movie comes out no.

Also japanese power rangers are a thing.