Is it okay that I dont like Star Wars franchise at all?

I am ashamed to say it next to the nerd guys I've been dating, specifically the one I am focusing on to make my boyfriend. And recently he told me something about Han Solo and laughed when he saw me that I didn't laugh, he asked me if I ever watched Star Wars, I said yes. In fact I watched just first two 1977-1980 ones, a new hope and the empire strikes back. i was ashamed to tell him that i didn't like it so i never watched the rest because I felt like it was a waste of time. Instead I acted like I didn't hear what he said and changed the topic. Do you think I am abnormal to not like Star Wars while everyone on earth loves it?

So i dont like the movies but i will watch them to understand why people like. Is there anythig else you suggest like do they have comics or books? Or whatever to understand star wars yniverse?

Most Helpful Guy

• I loved the series as a kid but i realized something that broke it for me. However there is a novel series and a comic series as well

• Yes i purchased the first one in suggested order obi wan vs anakin. I wanted buy the second too but it is 543$. Is the comics as good as batman and wonder woman?

• Oh sorry i thought you said doctor strange. lol. I like doctor who.

• Ok I thought I would just find out because I think it's a pretty good show I wouldn't want you to miss out on it. There's also comics and stuff for that one too. If you can't get into star wars get him into that

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate football, well all sports actually. People have the preferences. It's normal and fine :-)

What Guys Said 5

• Blasphemy!!! No, it's fine.

• Honestly it's kind of overrated looking back. No complex story telling, bad CGI remakes, and standard action sequences, just in space. Characters aren't that compelling either, almost no character development besides who bones who.

The now Non canon books were pretty damn good though.

• It is good for its time back in 1977 1980 but i dont see any character development i could like, like I like Ron or Hermione, or Luna Lovegood, Or Arya Stark, or Aragorn... There is nothing.

• Yeah, they couldn't be bothered to blow the budget on plot or better character directors. I think you could consider it a Michael Bay-ish movie before his time. And before CGI, obviously.

• its okay, i dont like mint chocolate and im okay being the only sane person about it

• No! Thats not ok!
    Jk its ok you should just see a doctor ;)

• No it's not okay. How dare you have different feelings

What Girls Said 2

• I with you! I don't like Star Wars, but I think it's adorable when my boyfriend gets excited about it. So I focus on his reactions instead of the fandom