A Blade Runner Sequel set thirty years later with Harrison ford as Deckard is coming out, doesn't that mean he can't be a replicant?

Since Replicants very specifically have a four year lifespan doesn't this answer that question.
Side note; Harrison ford and one of the co-script writers believes he's human, he was a human in the original book, and Ridley scott director and the other script writer says he's a replicant

Most Helpful Girl

• Sick, can't wait. HF has clearly aged. I don't think replicants age.

Most Helpful Guy

• How do you know it's the same Deckard? They could just make a new one every four years with implanted memories and make him look older so he believes he's human and aging...

What Girls Said 2

• Im really excited about this movie. Though id say if the original book established the character as human then he is human, however its just a story so technically they can change his origin and the story line at any given time... even if it doesn't make any sense at all.

• The viewer has to make up their own mind as to whether Deckard is a replicant or not and therefore whether he has a past or not. The voice-over in the theatrical release indicates Deckard is divorced, as it mentions an ex-wife. However the voice-over has been removed from subsequent versions and so this detail is not mentioned. If the viewer takes the perspective that Deckard is a replicant then the "ex-wife" only becomes an implanted memory.

• The theaterical versions no the offical version of blade runner, its basically non-canon,
      The Directors cutt is the actual film.
      However this means he can't be a replicant because this movie is set thirty years later, he would already be long dead as replicants only live for four years

What Guys Said 16

• This better not ruin Blade Runner for me.. I liked the fact that so many things were kept up to personal interpretation. It isn't a preachy film. It throws a bunch of philosophy and contrary thoughts at you but the audience has to decipher what it all means. That's what made those early sci fi movies so damn cool.

• I'm sure he is not a replicant, he was obviously much weaker in the fight against Roy.

• In "do robots dream of electronic sheep?" it is not expressively excluded he might be a replicant. In the first movie they do know how to implant memories in order to make replicants mentally more stable (remember the breeding spider story). So it is quite feasible he might be a later replicant from same genetics with added respectively modified memories.

• I think the sequel is shit. The original movie very very clearly lays out that he's a replicant. And that sort of twist is right in Philip K Dicks wheelhouse even though he didn't have that ending in the book.

• https://youtu.be/NoAzpa1x7jU
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."
    Definitely have to get watching this again soon. Haven't got watching it in years.

• Yeah I saw that lol.

Well wasn't it mentioned in the original movie that he could create replicates with a longer lifespan? But that he couldn't make the current ones last longer or something?

• I got the director's cut of the original recently and started to watch it. The trouble was that when I get to a point where there was a voice-over (added because the test audiences couldn't keep up with what was going on, iirc), I just hear the voice-over in my head.

• I don't remember anything in the movie alluding to him possibly being a replicant.

Is this theory of internet origins or something from the original book: do androids dream of electric sheep?

• don't even remember the first one, can;t even be sure I saw it.

• Good. I hope they explain that in the movie I wouldn't mind seeing that I have the first one on DVD

• As long as Harrison Ford is in the movie it will be watchable.

• It means he can't be a replicant.
    Ford is making a statement.

• Honestly I think they are gonna bank on no one noticing but I respect your devotion

• Wasn't he an improved or a hybrid replicant?

• I think the director said he isn't one

• Is there anyway to turn off feeds from questions that you dent care about? currently I answer then to get them out of the way