How old were you when you went to your first festival?

What was it called? How many people did you go with?

Most Helpful Guy

• 17. Used my brother's invalid Drivers License (had a whole punched through it) to get into a Skrillex performance. The security guard said "This is invalid... I'm not gonna give you a wristband for alcohol (cause my brother was 21) but I'll let you in"
    Little did he know all I wanted was to get in LUL xD

My brother was also about 10 people behind me in line and got in after me xD

Most Helpful Girl

• I was 16, and it was in Brisbane (Australia). It was a concert-festivalish gathering (lol) called Good Vibrations 09'.

I had a lot of fun! I was with my host family's older daughter. She was in college and got tickets from her campus. Normally you have to be 18+ but somehow I got in.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anyway, to reiterate, I had a blast! The crowd experience was very exciting. I'm sure I wasn't the only underage person there, so I didn't feel too deceitful. Drinks were cheap, food was greasey, and toilets were disgusting. But the overall music and mood of the park was great.

Oh, Calvin Harris (Scottish DJ who dated Taylor Swift) was there too, though at that time he was in a band and looked a bit different than today (lol).

What Guys Said 42

• Warped Tour (i think 1999 maybe 2000). i was in high school. so much fun and felt so liberated for a day. even when i got dropped on my head crowd surfing during green day's set and blackout.

• Wow crowed surfing cool

• no. just stopped the bleeding. it wasn't a huge gash.

• Never been to one, and this is why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkJGXzI_sU4

The closest I've come is one-off outdoor concerts, or county fairs, or other little events like that. I did once work security at a gay pride event, if that counts?

• What the hell that looks like a disaster
      Yeah it kinda counts

• Assuming they let you back in... and if it rains that much, it would take several days of bright sunshine for the ground to be dry (and even then it'll still be all chewed up). Camping in bad weather is miserable enough without being surrounded by drugged up idiots and trying to go and watch bands and DJs.

• Hahahah true😂

• 14, I don't remember what it was called haha. No Doubt and Blink 182 played a set one of the days tho, I remember because I was right up against the stage and when Gwen Stefani was giving people high fives I grabbed her hand and didn't let go so she gave me this startled look and jerked it away. I was an asshole as a teenager smh

• Haven't been to a music festival before...

• I haven't really been to a true musical festival, just some concerts and parties. I would love to go somewhere though, next year probably since it's not at my list of priorities... 🙃

• you mean music festival? just recently about 2 weeks ago. I went with my siblings and I took molly for the first time and man was it a bliss!! we were 3 people together.

• No idea. I don't think I've ever really been to one. I may have but I forgot.

• I don't know if I've ever been to one.

• My town has an annual festival themed on our main export, and I can't remember the first time I ever went go that

• 15 i think.

• Never. Only way I would go would be if there was a really cute girl involved or some amazing drug

or both, I'm not picky

• I was just a kid and went to carnivals many times, probably when I was 12 or less

• Never went to any

• I got invited to share my opinion here. What is that about? I've never gone to a huge festival like this.

• 19. And I went with like 20 or so people, but we all separated into small groups based on who was going to see what DJ

• Never been to one.

• Never been to a festival

• Haven't been to one yet

• I went to waynestock when I was about 6 or 7

• 14? Don't remember the name, ~10 people?

• never been to 1

• Still waiting..

• Never been to any

• I was 18

• 21 it was a USO event in Bahrain

• At 15 i went to see DJ Pauly D, I don't know if that counts 😂

• I was 14 and it was Spirit west coast.

• 20, Lolapalloza.

• never been to one, and i dont want to either 😃😃

• I don't think I've ever been to one

• More from Guys
    12

What Girls Said 15

• Haven't been to and probably never will. I hate crowds, loud noices and am terrified of getting squeezed to death, since I'm really small. And most of the music festivals cost 100€+ and have usually only one artist I would like to see, so just rather pay the same amount for a concert for that band than to waste money on shitty performers just to see a short show of your favorite.

• The Feast of San Gennaro, in Little Italy. I was seven. I went with my parents, my sister and my best friend. I ate a zeppole and won a stuffed animal.

• I have never been to a festival and I never want to go to one. Too many people acting crazy. I can't deal with it. But I did live in Miami for high school where Ultra tickets sold out in.5 seconds of being on the market. Kids would be online in the middle of class trying to get tickets. They were way too expensive for a festival where people get high, wasted, sexually assaulted, and also trampled to their death.

• I think I was in third or fourth grade, it was called life lite. A Christian music festival

• I think it was 2 years ago, it was a festival for college students but anyone within the legal age could get in. I was 19

• 17 I think

• I think I was 19? I went to this thing called fox fest it was fun got to see Alice in chains. I went with about 3 other people I think? Maybe 4

• I remember a fair that came every summer when I was young, we used to go almost daily!

• Never been to one. I was planning to go to one next month, but the idea of a huge crowd is scary so nah

• 18... at a topfreedom rally/festival

• I have never been to one.

• Never been to one and don't want to. I hate crowds and peeing/pooping in stinky porta pottys.

• never been to one XD

• Young

• I was 15