Do you like The Shining?

I've tried watching this movie like 3 times but every time I do I get distracted and don't pay attention because it just bores me to death. I don't know.
Do you like The Shining?
And the wife is a terrible actress okay bye

156

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh my goodness, I was just talking about this movie with a couple of friends. This is one of the best horror movies out there and will be for some time.

Most Helpful Guy

• The book is better than either movie. The first Shining movie deviated from the book so much Stephen King hated it so much he financed a 2nd movie that was a two part mini-series starring Rebecca DeMornay

What Girls Said 14

• The book The Shining and Doctor Sleep are awesome and I thought the movie was great too but I totally see how you could get distracted considering there were so many parts that seemed really strangely quiet and just dragged on. Stephen Kings own film adaptation is pretty good too and more true to the book but not as good as the version with Jack Nicholson.

• I very much disliked the movie. Stanley Kubrick was a big bully to the cast, and it didn't even turn out well.
    The book, however, was unforgettable.

• There's two versions of The Shining. I like them both.

• The book is better

• I've burned through most horror movies with my horror movie buddy, I've seen the title but haven't watched it. It seemed boring

• Yes it's a classic

• i love it but i dont concider it a scary movie as many reviewers say

• I've watched it and it was pathetic. I don't see what's all the hype about it. It was a complete waste of time.

• It's a classic. I understand its pace might be a little slow for this generation, but it still is an amazing thriller that is worth watching.

• I wasn't a fan of the film at all, went into it expecting a masterpiece due to the hype and was severely disappointed.

• Yes I love it. I thought the book was better though, but I don't find it that scary

• It's psychological horror so if it doesn't hit home, it won't be scary

• No.
    My parents watched it.

• It's okay and at the end the story is pretty good

• Well you live in a generation where for horror films you have jumpscares. This movie is a classic, most people don't understand the concept of the movie.

• I could go without jumpscares. The problem I had with the movie is how much time they spent building up to them being isolated, and that they kept putting in suspenseful music where none was needed (ex. when the mom and son were walking in the garden maze) so you kind of start waiting for something/anything to justify that music but nothing does and it makes the overall pace of the film to appear more off than it is. A lot of thrillers from the time do that though. Not that there is anything wrong with either it just doesn't make any sense to me to start building suspense for a scene only to let the suspense drop completely without anything happening at all.

What Guys Said 5

• I love shining things yes, very prettiful.

• "Wendy... Darling... Light of my Life... I'm not going to hurt you, I'M JUST GOING TO BASH YOUR BRAINS IN."

• I agree it's boring and the lady can't act for shit. couldn't make it to the end of the movie

• Most things Kubrick directed are worth a look.

• I love that movie!!!