I usually don't like scary movies, but my husband really wanted to see this. "It" scared the crap out of me! I liked it, personally, I thought it was well-done for a horror movie. I also like the fact that the leads were all relatively unknown actors, it wouldn't have been as scary if it had been, like, George Clooney playing Pennywise. I know there are pretty mixed thoughts on this movie, what are your opinions for those of you who have seen it?Thoughts on "It?"?

1918

Most Helpful Guy

• I loved it. Wasn't that scary, but it had a few really good jump-scares that were pretty fun.

I'm not going to spoil it but that ''big'' scene in the garage was fantastic

• That was the one that made me jump most of all lmao

• They didn't really make it clear as to exactly what It was? Was it a demon or something else? What do you think? I haven't read the book or seen the original version.

• You're not supposed to know until the end. You have to wait for part two next year

Most Helpful Girl

• I really enjoyed it. There were moments when I had to hide my face and for most of it, I was watching through gaps between my fingers. In the moment, it was much scarier than the original. However, I feel like the original was creepier afterwards? Like, after watching the new It, I've been ttally fine with walking around the house in the dark or going to pee at night but after the original that I last watched a couple months ago, I could barely be on my own without being terrified. But yeah, I think they did the story justice and I loved all the kids, they were all great, and I'm super excited for the next chapter :)

What Guys Said 17

• It looked stupid, I didn't see it & don't to until its free. They made the clown look lime Dylan Roof.

• I never saw that movie yet but i will have to check that out.
    I like scary movies those are my favorite. Lol

• It's amazing the amount of people never heard of this before the film. I never liked the original. Load of crap. Some say you just can't make a film that does a Stephen king book justice

• My mama was a huge Stephen king and Dean Koontz fan. I read a lot of their books from a really young age and it probably explains why I'm so warped haha but it's true. I'm a bit hesitant to go see this dark tower. It's hard to make a film adaption of his films because his writing voice creates so much of the story's atmosphere.

• @DairyCow it's supposed to be nonsense. Stephen king wrote it wi th the good the bad and the ugly in mind. Cowboys squinting into the sun trying to outdraw each other. Desert, quick draw, whisky and death. What do we get as a film. Something kidding on its the matrix. I wouldn't waste time watching it. Too bad they fucked a good story as usual. I've read a lot of their books too. The shining was kings best. The hedge animals at the big hotel coming alive and chasing the wee boy through the snow. Every time he turns away they start moving and he cam hear them crunch through the snow. When he turns around they stop and there's just the snow powder they've kicked up drifting in the sunlight. Turn away again and they start moving. He's the bed there is. I was crapping it reading that as a boy. The hotels supposed to be empty but they can hear parties and people laughing at night front their apartments in the building and they find balloons and that floating about downstairs. Mental

• How many more scary, clown movies will Hollywood make? It doesn't matter, I won't go see any of them./

• My life is already horror enough. so that movie isn;t that scary to me

• Loved IT. It was scary as hell and very creepy in parts. Well done

• Haven't seen it

• I don't watch scary movies,, too scared!!

• loved it... thought it was a lot of fun. more creepy than scary in my opinion

• haven't seen it but i wanna D:

• I enjoyed IT and that it was very good and creepy.

• IT was a good movie lol

• I've never heard of it

• Horrorr movies are the best movies

• Not that bad but was not scary

• Do you want sleep

• I really want to watch it but I would never because I refuse to watch movies with that much violence/blood/gore/whatever. lol. just a personal choice for me

What Girls Said 18

• You'll float too hehe

• Saw it.
    I really liked it. Everyone I went with said they hated it and that it was too fake.
    I admit, it was fake, but it's not meant to be real. It manifests the children's worst nightmares, children dream up some pretty fake stuff.
    I didn't like the part where they went into the sewers and all the kids were floating around. I felt that was a little over done. Why couldn't it have just eaten the kids?

• Yeah, I wondered why the kids were floating around too, but that was from the book, hence the whole "you'll float too" thing.

• Maybe kids are like wine to It, and they need to ferment a bit?

• Saw it... hated it.

• I loved the book. Want to see it.

• Clowns are fuckt this Halloween

• I haven't seen it but I think its probably like the original which was boring.

• I haven't seen the original, but I heard this is 100 times better. They had to tone down the scariness for the original since it was for TV in the early 90s.

• its not really like the original. it sticks closer to the book

• @Toad-1 oh. Lol good morning!

• I enjoyed the movie but I'm a book fan and they changed too much for me personally :(

• I loved it. First five minutes had me done. XD It's more fun than it is scary. Totally would watch it again.

• I have seen better horror movies...

• Hell to the NO

• I'm watching it this weekend

• I thought it was great

• I was so excited to see this movie. I've definitely seen scarier movies over all i enjoyed it.

• i loved it to better then the first one for sure the first one was crap this one has better scenes

• Hope it's good can't wait to see it

• The clown was creepier but the movie itself reminded me of The Goonies with a Clown

• I thought it was amazing, not really scary but some of the jump scares got me. I think the worst one was when they're looking at the map of their town and then the clown comes out of the wall, or the one where the girl killed her dad and then the camera turns round and the clown gets her

• Preferred the original