Is it normal if you're obsessed and passionate about soccer more than your boyfriend is?

I was vice captain of girls soccer team back in school, I've won few trophies too... I enjoy watching soccer match and cheer for my favourite team.Is it normal if you're obsessed and passionate about soccer more than your boyfriend is??

616

What Guys Said 16

• No there's Nothing wrong with that. It's very normal. Something you'd mention on a date and slowly show him you're really into it. You may never know how into something someone is or their family is. If they have family members really big into soccer or worked in it somehow you might be really lucky.
    I still kick field goals.. I'm a kicker from a big football family and sort of a soccer family, i played goalie and wrestled (captain too)
    Him knowing you were a co captain might really get his attention.

If we were dating or in a relationship I'd take you to practice with me. you'll be suprised how much guys like female athletes if they're athletes themselves.. soccer fans I don't know how they'll take it.

• Well.. I'm officially single now... We broke up... He's in love with someone else.

• Lol he's in love with someone else that quickly? It takes me a long time to figure that out. Stay Single a little longer it's not that bad, you know me now you can talk to me while you find your next guy.

• My girlfriend is a 30 yo ice hockey player and jockette. I love her passion and love watching her play

• Why didn I get someone like you in my life? Sniff sniff...😒

• It's not common. Usually guys are more obsessed with sports than girls, but it's nothing abnormal.
    I really love you right now.

• I'm glad to see a girl who's THAT into soccer. I really wish there were more girls who were into soccer and sports like you.

• What position did you play? I tried out in HS but didn't make the team, but me and my friends would play for fun in between classes

• Well... I played soccer for around about 2 years, I had to focus on my studies so I dropped my name from the team in 11th grade... We won a few interschool championships... I played as an attacker, sometimes defense when our team wasn't with their best with defense.

• Yh it's normal I guess, who do you support? And what position did you play?

• Real Madrid.. my position in the team was as an attacker but I sometimes played defence too..

• Yeah.. well sometimes because to be honest our players weren't that strong in defence so, I played few matches as defence in the beginning.

• Ahh so you're saying you were better than them πŸ‘€ haha nah I'm messing with you πŸ˜‚, fair enough really

• Can I marry you? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• It might be as annoying as the guy watching soccer, when his girlfriend is trying to be with him.

• It's kinda opposite sometimes... He tries to be with me when I'm watching a match and I hate being distributed while watching my favourite team play...

• thatd be great cause i love watching soccer too!

• No. More girls should be involved in sport and support women's sports.

• Everyone has got their own choice so it is better to give that space and it help building trust in relationship

• I mean not everyone likes soccer.. if it is your hobby or passion then its normal yeah. Stupid question

• Hobby is a different thing buddy and being obsessed with it is totally different... You haven't seen the reaction my friends give me and that kinda made me wonder if it's normal or something weird... Thanks for your opinion by the way... I appreciate it 😊

• I find it badass when a girl like sports

• Of course. I myself could care less about soccer

• It's not normal, it's awesome.

• Its normal and fine.

• No...

What Girls Said 6

• It's totally normal! Only crazy people don't love soccer ;)

• Obviously. Interests vary. Gender is irrelevant in interests

• Yeah... I guess my friends are the problem... Their reaction kinda make me feel weird about it..

• That's your passion, it's normal.

• I am a huge cricket freak but my ex was not into sports at all. It's completely fine.

• Lol of course, it is normal.

• Yes! Do what you love, love what you do!!! (Assuming you play soccer)