Do you play any musical instruments?

Do you play any musical instruments and if yes what are they? At what age did you start playing them and why?
Just curious because this summer I fell in love with cello music but I don't think that I would ever be able to play them.Do you play any musical instruments??

Most Helpful Guy

• I've played French horn since I was in 4th grade in elementary school, however old I was then. Also, never say never! You should try cello out and see if you enjoy it! If you enjoy it, it's likely you'll get pretty good at it.

Most Helpful Girl

• At eleven I started playing alto saxophone because I loved jazz and I thought it was super cool. My thoughts have changed mainly bc of my band teacher but there are other factors and now I'm not allowed to give up. So think a lot about the instrument and listen to the pros and cons from people who play that instrument.

What Guys Said 18

• At 15 I began playing bass and at 16 I picked up guitar. As years went on, I tried to learn literally any instrument I could get my hands on (not that I was GOOD at many of them, but it was fun trying).

I do not play anymore due to arthritis in my hands and a failing memory.

• I played guitar for several years, but honestly I haven't done it for about two years. Just felt like I had no time to do it for a while and never got back into it.

• electric guitar
    acoustic guitar
    ukulele
    keyboard
    and want to learn violin but need to make time first :D

• i have played 15 years of drums (still continue) and 9 months of guitar (learning by myself)

• If I learned at a young age it would've been the violin or cello, piano

• Guitar, Piano, and Ukulele

• I have played piano since I was 4.

• Piano & guitar

• Piano. I learned to play because of the ladies lol. At the time, I was playing football on a scholarship far from home and saw how women reacted to the piano being played. I then learned to play by ear and have been ever since

• Mine is the harmonica. Since a kid.

• Guitar piano. My voice. Electronic music. Harmonica. Drums.
    I'm composer

• No, but i like playing drums

• Guitar, since 15 yo

• No nun

• Guitar, Congo, dhol, tabla,

• Piano and violin

• Not much, tiny bit of guitar and piano, like I can play a few pieces on each (and I can play chords on guitar if that counts)

• A beast when it comes to the xylophone.
    I did it at around age 6-8. It was mandatory through music class.

What Girls Said 13

• I played the recorder since about grade 3 or 4. My granny gave me my first recorder and my school has just started lessons at the same time so I just joined up. I got really good and I caught on easily to reading and writing sheet music, I was the best in class so I think I stuck with it for so long because I enjoyed being good at something.

I can play two at the same time with my nose. Lol. It's my party trick. 😂

Eventually I got bored with playing the recorder and the high pitched sound started to annoy me as I got older so I started taking flute lessons which sounded soo much cleaner and crisper. I was in grade 6 when I started the flute so I would have been 11 or 12 I think. I had like zero arm muscles so starting was really hard because I battled to hold it in the right position for so long.

I don't play the flute or the recorder as much anymore but every now and again I'll take it out and play something. :)

• I am a piano player I started taking piano lessons at the age of 7 and stopped at 14. My mom would have me practice 30 min a day. It's pretty cool when people don't know you can play and you show they you are a piano player. My goal in life is to own a Grand Baldwin Piano

• I can play the alto sax, the piano, and have some skill on a flute and guitar. Not great mind you but I can play them lol
    I started playing instruments in elementary.

• Why do you think you wouldn't be able to play it?

• Because I wouldn't have time for it and I'm pretty sure that my parents wouldn't let me learn how to play it because they'd say that I don't need that in my future or something like that.

• Yes , guitar and piano.

• flute, tenor sax, alto sax, trumpet, cornet, flugal hor, trombone and piano

• Wow. I wish I could play just one of those. I am good at a lot of other things, but music is not one of them.

I tried playing trumpet 😂

• I understand that. I guess I just think it's cool when people are musically inclined. People say music is a universal language, and I always feel awkward because it's something I don't get.

A buddy and I watched the Anime "Your Lie In April", and I just couldn't connect with the characters because I don't value music as much as the creators did.

I'm more of a linguist, myself.

• Ahhhh. I love languages. I'm trying to learn a couple. But I'm always too shy to speak.

• Piano, violin and drums

• I used to play a baritone
    Recorder
    Guitar

But wish I could play all the instruments

• I tried almost every instrument in my middle school band before my band teacher asked me to quit

• viola, violin + piano. Never say Never. You can always pick up an instrument.

• Electric guitar

• I tried to learn the guitar at 11 then I got bored and quit

• I play piano, guitar, violin and flute. I think I started taking piano lessons at the age of 7 or 8. And then I learned how to play guitar and flute on my own. My bestfriend taught me how to play violin (but I usually suck at playing those)