I asked my fiancé why there's so much drama at his work and this is what he said. Do you agree or is that sexist?

He said "Two women managers. It's a clash of egos"
  • totally agree
    Vote A
  • Agree
    Vote B
  • Disagree
    Vote C
  • Sexist
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It isn't sexist to acknowledge the fact men and women are both biologically different, and are socialized by society into behaving differently.

Women are trained by society to have a very different conflict style than men in most cases. In addition, direct types of conflict style are viewed largely as negative traits in a woman, and positive in a man. The result of feedback from society about the appropriateness of your style of conflict resolution you adjust.

The fact that direct assertiveness is seen as "abrasive" or "aggressive" in a woman means many women in the workplace rely on informal social pressure and ambitious women in the workplace face challenges men don't that can lead them to be more aggressively protective of their informal power and influence in a way a man wouldn't have to be in order to be successful

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think its sexist because we often refer to the "male ego" so why not the "female ego"? I think he was just trying to point out that they were both women and they clashed.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• It all depends on how they function. I'm guessing it's something as simple as the both want to progress the company in their own direction or have opposing views on progression.

It can happen with anyone so it isn't sexist. He is simple stating a fact that the managers are women and the fact that they have egos. He's not saying all women are egotistic. It's just the two people he has spoken about.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not about females having big egos, but only female manager. Women in top positions are still rarer than men in top positions. And most of them share dogged character traits that caused them to get these positions. It's a generalisation that fits in a lot of cases.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well women always have another female they hate at work. Doesn't matter what position level they are at. I've heard a bunch of stories where two women or more were making each other's life's miserable at work because they didn't like each other and it was usually in a passive aggressive manner.

0|0
    0|0
  • Having worked with both men and women and had both as managers you see women clash at work often, its not judgmental but purely observation. Women gossip and have drama going on.
    doesn't mean its bad working with them, as long as u dont get involved then its allright.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel when person becomes boss he has some unsaid egos n when there two who handles team then that going to clash a lot... Every boss wants to prove she is best than another boss

0|0
    0|0
  • I have found through experience in the work field women management love to have dick measuring contests the most.

0|0
    0|0
  • There used to be a joke...
    What happens if women ruled the world holding the top commanding posts?
    No war !
    Just a few ladies back bitching about one another envying one another.

Men... unite women. In a planet of women.. women cannot live together in peaceful unity among themselves.

Some can ! Of course. Please do not take me wrong or generalise it.
    It’s just for those exclusive bitches who call themselves for favour of women but actually are not even bothered by them or their societal basic needs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing against women in positions of power, but when multiple women are in charge of the same group, things tend to become a little catty

0|0
    0|0
  • Agree 100% whether it's sexist has no bearing on whether it's a fact. And it's a fact that woman do worse in positions of authority than men.

0|0
    1|1
  • I agree. In my experience, the more women that work somewhere, the more drama and problems.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not sexiest
    Women ruin work environment

0|1
    1|0
  • It's not really sexist

1|0
    0|0
  • agree

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, men do it too

0|0
    0|0
  • Stating a FACT is NOT sexist.

I have two male supervisors who are fucktads. Am I sexist for saying that?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• He stated a fact. There are two women who's egos clash. Its not sexist

0|1
    0|0
  • maybe a little minimalistic. he's saying women can never work together. i don't think that's true.

0|0
    0|0
  • TOTALLY SEXIST !!!

0|0
    2|6
  • typical jealous male facing the chosen gender

0|0
    0|1
  • Agree

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes