I asked my fiancé why there's so much drama at his work and this is what he said. Do you agree or is that sexist?

He said "Two women managers. It's a clash of egos"
  • totally agree
  • Agree
  • Disagree
    Vote C
  • Sexist
    Vote D

616

Most Helpful Guy

• It isn't sexist to acknowledge the fact men and women are both biologically different, and are socialized by society into behaving differently.

Women are trained by society to have a very different conflict style than men in most cases. In addition, direct types of conflict style are viewed largely as negative traits in a woman, and positive in a man. The result of feedback from society about the appropriateness of your style of conflict resolution you adjust.

The fact that direct assertiveness is seen as "abrasive" or "aggressive" in a woman means many women in the workplace rely on informal social pressure and ambitious women in the workplace face challenges men don't that can lead them to be more aggressively protective of their informal power and influence in a way a man wouldn't have to be in order to be successful

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think its sexist because we often refer to the "male ego" so why not the "female ego"? I think he was just trying to point out that they were both women and they clashed.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE