• No
    Vote B
  • I haven't seen it
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It has its funny moments. I’m sick of Alec Baldwin’s Donald Trump skits. They do them every week and they’re never funny, just annoying and mean spirited. They’ve poked fun at every president, but it’s never been so mean or unfunny until now.

0|0
    0|0
    • I absolutely detest Donald Trump but the Alec Baldwin skits are played out. I don't give a fuck about 'mean'ness against the president, but they are just not funny in the least. I feel like i'm being told what to think about the dynamics & nature of his presidency & even when I agree its cringey to watch them joke about it. Its almost like watching the class clown bully the retarded kid.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, because they're approaching the humor the wrong way.

Trump is an absolute buffoon, and provides SO MANY golden opportunities to be made fun of in unconventional ways, and SNL is just ignoring that and just kind of pointing out the obvious.

It's lazy humor. A better political sketch would be:
    Have an alternative Trump that does everything exactly antipodal to what the real one does. Reenact situations where he was a total moron, and have the SNL trump being moderate, reasoned, and presidential. It would be hilarious.

Their non-political stuff is kind of eh too. I'm not a fan.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• It really depends on the skit, I've watched some hilarious ones more than I have watched ones that were unoriginal, potty-humor-esque, or just boring. I think it would be difficult to have every skit be funny though, no? So overall I'd say yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes. It can be hit or miss from skit to skit each episode. They're mostly doing good these days.

My favorite will always be the mmmm watcha say OC parody.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've watched a few episodes of the original show and they did a rip off on Finnish TV and neither one was really funny.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure... I mean not all, of course... some are funny, some aren't...

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, not really. Sometimes it's funny but most times, it annoys the hell outta me. They make fun of Trump every single fucking time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I only used to watch it for the musical guests and other appearances that i cared about

0|0
    0|0
  • Show hasn't been funny in years

1|2
    0|0
  • Not anymore

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes very funny.

0|0
    0|1
  • Tina Fey is one of my all time SNL favorites. I like the "era" when she was actively involved in writing their jokes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 20

• The show is OK. I got into that show back in 2015. So far, I have four favorite cast members (Chevy Chase, Gilda Radner, Eddie Murphy and Dana Carvey) and most of the others that I've seen so far are OK. I'm currently watching season 3 and so far most of the episodes were BORING. I'm hoping to at least get back into the show again.

0|0
    0|0
    • Edie Murphy didn't start on the show till season 5 or 6

• @jimyee I know, but I remember back in 2015 VH1 classics had a SNL rewind marathon which is where I saw Eddie Murphy and Dana Carvey for the first time on the show. I got into the Chevy and Gilda when I began watching the early seasons on Hulu.

• SNL used to be funny but now all they are doing is political mumbo jumbo and it really irks me. I watch it to laugh, not be berated with political nonsense

0|0
    0|0
  • Use to be amazing, then it became way too political. Just like all the talk shows. It's boring now, everyone's making the same fucking jokes.

0|1
    0|0
  • It hasn't made me laugh in a long time, it's actually hard for me to pinpoint when it stopped being funny. I'll still watch every once in a while and I find myself groaning throughout.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes but I honestly haven't watched it in probably five years so I don't even know who they've got on the show right now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, back in the 1970's and early 1980's. I haven't watched it since then. Just wasn't interested anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • Have not seen it after Adam Sandler and Mike Myers got off. Those were funny times.

0|1
    0|0
  • It hasn't been funny in years. If it ever really was.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. They only have like one skit that ends up being good in that entire hour and a half

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes