Any suggestions for good websites to find musicians?

Mostly into metal and progressive stuff. Finding it very hard to find musicians of common interest.

12

What Girls Said 1

• I found some good music on YouTube on the " riserecords" and "fearless records" channels :)
    But it's more punk/rock than metal but maybe you'll find your kind of music on another's channels suggested :)

• Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it. If you like punk I would suggest Pere ubu, they've been around since the seventies and there is no one quite like them. It might be a little far out there for you but you have to listen to a few songs as they have many different sides.

• Thanks for suggestions :D

• No problem, I always enjoy spreading the word when it comes to artists who do good substantial work.

What Guys Said 2

• You could use SoundCloud. They have subcategories for music you can look at

• Thanks for your reply. Isn't that musicians posting music rather than musicians looking for projects?

• Yah it is. I’m not sure where you could find projects. Maybe look up some forums or websites or something

• thanks for the help

• You've found one right here... drummer and also a prog/metal fan.

• Cool, what are your influences? I like Mr bungle, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum. Strictly against any of that nu metal kind of stuff. Looking for something quite diverse stylistically.

• Depends on what you mean by Nu Metal. There's some current stuff that I like that feels pretty derived from early 2000's Nu Metal... but it's more progressive rock/metal/metalcore and very atmospheric. Lots of big sounds and reverb.

Here's a song that I wrote with friends a few years back... it was written around a lot of elements and sounds that I like.

https://youtu.be/KgMNw8Ukz2I